The Parramatta CBD Parking Strategy looks to address the City’s parking needs resulting from the significant growth and change occurring in Parramatta’s CBD.
Currently, there are about 5,200 on-and off-street parking spaces (under Council’s management) through the entire Parramatta Local Government Area. Aside from various on-street parking options, there are four key multi story car parks in the CBD.
Council acknowledges that it must take a balanced approach to transport in the CBD, where there is less reliance on cars and a focus on the connectivity of public transport, cycling and walking. The strategy proposes short, medium and long term options to support the provision of parking in the Parramatta CBD as well as a number of innovative solutions to improve parking, these are listed in more detail below.
Actions proposed within the next 12 months:
- Commence the Expression of Interest process for Smart Parking technology
- Replace and update CBD directional parking signage to make it easier for visitors to find parking
- Progress discussions with key private parking owners to identify any spare parking capacity that could be used as an overflow option; and investigate secondary sites outside of the CBD that could provide supplementary parking
- Convert the Eat Street car park to visitor (short term) parking only (less than 4 hours); to provide greater access to parking for nearby Eat Street retailers and visitors.
Actions proposed (12 months - 2 years)
- Increase, with a staged approach, on-street metered parking on the City fringe to create additional all day parking capacity
- Re-invest capital in Eat Street, Parramatta Station and Justice Precinct car parks to improve usage, functionality and customer experience. This will include incorporating electric vehicle charging stations in each CBD car park
- Install shade structures on the exposed upper decks of Eat Street, Parramatta Station and Justice Precinct, to allow greater use of these spaces. Install photovoltaic cells (solar panels) in the shade structures at each of the multi-level car parks to improve energy consumption
- Investigate the merits of demand-based pricing across the car parks
- Realign the pricing structure of long stay parking, making it consistent with other major suburban CBDs.
Actions proposed (2 years plus)
- Develop a feasibility study for the redevelopment of the former Fennell Street car park site as a commercial development that includes public parking.
Have your say
Council is now inviting feedback on the Parramatta CBD Parking Strategy. Written submissions can be made during the exhibition period using the online submission form below, or may also be sent via email or by post.
Have your say before 5pm on Wednesday 22 September 2021.
If you need assistance preparing a submission, or you would you like information in another language or format, please contact the Project Team via 1300 617 058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to speak to someone over the phone in another language, call TIS National on 131 450 for a free interpreting service. Let them know you want to speak to City of Parramatta Council and your chosen language and they will connect you.
市议会致力于确保每个人都能获得所需要的信息。如果您需要以其它语言或格式获取信息，请致电 1300 617 058 或发送电邮至 email@example.com.
如果您希望以其它语言进行电话交谈，请致电 131 450 联系 TIS 全国服务中心获取免费传译服务。告诉他们您想与 Parramatta 市议会通话和您选用的语言，他们就会为您接通。
यहाँ क्लिक करें
काउंसिल यह सुनिश्चित करने के लिए प्रतिबद्ध है कि सभी लोगों को अपनी ज़रूरत की जानकारी सुलभ हो। अगर आप किसी अन्य भाषा या फॉर्मेट में जानकारी चाहते/चाहती हैं, तो कृपया 1300 617 058 पर कॉल करें या firstname.lastname@example.org. पर ईमेल भेजें
अगर आप फ़ोन पर किसी अन्य भाषा में बात करना चाहते/चाहती हैं, तो निःशुल्क दुभाषिया सेवा के लिए 131 450 पर TIS National को कॉल करें। उन्हें बताएं कि आप सिटी ऑफ़ पैरामाटा काउंसिल से अपनी चुनी हुई भाषा में बात करना चाहते/चाहती हैं और वे आपको कनेक्ट करेंगे।
카운슬은 모든 사람이 필요한 정보를 이용할 수 있도록 최선을 다해 지원합니다. 다른 언어나 형식으로 된 정보를 원하시면‚ 전화 1300 617 058번 또는 이메일 email@example.com.로 연락하십시오.
다른 언어로 전화 문의를 원하시면, 통번역 서비스(TIS National) 전화 131 450번으로 연락해 무료 통역을 이용하십시오. 파라마타 시 카운슬과 통화를 원한다고 말하고 해당 언어를 선택하시면 연결됩니다.
يلتزم المجلس بالتأكد من إمكانية وصول الجميع إلى المعلومات التي
يحتاجونها. إذا كنت ترغب في الحصول على معلومات بلغة أخرى أو نسق
آخر، يُرجى الاتصال على الرقم 1300617058 أو إرسال رسالة إلى
TIS National اتصل بـ
للحصول على خدمة ترجمة
مجانية. اخبرهم بأنك تريد التحدث إلى مجلس مدينة باراماتا وحدِّد لهم لغتك
المختارة وسوف يصلونك بالمجلس هاتفياً
Other ways to make a submission:
Written comments can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Feedback on the Draft Parramatta CBD Parking Strategy
City of Parramatta Council
Attention: Project Team – Draft Parramatta CBD Car Parking Strategy
Subject: Feedback on the Draft Parramatta CBD Parking Strategy
PO Box 32, Parramatta NSW 2124
Please ensure that you clearly state your full name, contact details and address.
Frequently Asked Questions
The strategy takes a multi-faceted approach in addressing the Parramatta CBD’s parking issues. It recommends a combination of options to support the provision of parking in the Parramatta CBD, now and in the future.
Parramatta’s population is growing at an exponential rate. While this growth will be transformational and have lasting benefits for the City, it also presents challenges. The Parramatta CBD Car Parking strategy looks to address the City’s parking needs resulting from this significant growth.
There are about 5,200 on-and off-street parking spaces (under Council’s management) through the entire Parramatta Local Government Area.
There are four key MLCPs in the Parramatta CBD:
1. Eat Street
2. City Centre
3. Parramatta Station
4. Justice Precinct.
The Riverbank car park closed in February 2021 to make way for the new Parramatta Powerhouse Museum.
The City Centre car park will close on 30 September 2021 to make way for the NSW Government’s Sydney Metro West rail network.
The strategy has identified two key car park users:
- Short stay/ visitors who park for less than 4 hours and support the visitor economy, local retailers and service businesses
- Long stay/ commuters who park more than 4 hours (or all day) who work in the Parramatta CBD.
Council invites the community to have their say on the draft plan to improve parking availability and access in Parramatta’s rapidly growing CBD. Council seeks feedback on the proposed short, medium and long term parking options that will complement other transport methods.
Council will use community and stakeholder feedback to determine if the strategy requires additional investigations and refinements. A report of the results of community consultation will be completed.