Exhibition of Planning Proposal, Draft Site-Specific Development Control Plan and Draft Planning Agreement
The City of Parramatta is publicly exhibiting a Planning Proposal, with its respective draft site-specific DCP and draft Planning Agreement, for land at 8-14 Great Western Highway, Parramatta. The Planning Proposal seeks to amend the Parramatta Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2011 to permit higher density development on the site in accordance with the height and density that has been endorsed under the Parramatta CBD Planning Proposal.
This Planning Proposal seeks to amend the Parramatta Local Environmental Plan 2011 (PLEP 2011) by:
- Increasing the maximum floor space ratio (FSR) from 3.5:1 to 10:1 (15:1 when including the 15% design excellence bonus, 5% high performing buildings and opportunity sites bonuses and 16.42:1 when including the unlimited commercial floor space bonus).
- Increasing the maximum Height of Buildings control from 28 metres to RL 211 metres (RL 243 metres when including the 15% design excellence bonus).
- Inserting the following site-specific provisions:
- Applying maximum car parking rates per the endorsed Parramatta CBD Planning Proposal;
- Requiring a minimum 1:1 commercial floor space to be provided on the site;
- Allowing an additional 5% floor-space ratio bonus provided high performing building standards are met;
- Allowing an additional 3:1 floor-space ratio if the development demonstrates it meets the ‘opportunity site’ criteria; and
- Allowing for an unlimited additional commercial floor-space ratio above the mapped floor-space ratio control (subject to the limits set by the height control).
The draft site-specific DCP proposes detailed guidelines on building setbacks, built form, design, massing, heritage interface and vehicular access. This will be included as part of Parramatta DCP 2011 which can be accessed via Council’s website or at Council’s Customer Contact Centre.
Council has negotiated a Draft Planning Agreement with the property owners to enable Council to receive a monetary contribution of $5,010,600 which will be used towards community infrastructure within the Paramatta Central Business District.
More information is available in the Draft Planning Agreement and Explanatory Note.
Have your say
Public exhibition closed at 5:00pm on Friday 20 August 2021. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback.
If you need have any questions, please contact Felicity Roberts - Project Officer (City Planning and Design) on 02 9806 5710 or via email@example.com.