The City of Parramatta Council exhibited a Planning Proposal and draft Planning Agreement for land at 1 Windsor Road, North Rocks in late 2021.
A summary of submissions received during the exhibition period was reported to the Local Planning Panel meeting 15 February 2022.
The LPP recommended Council endorse the Planning Proposal and draft Planning Agreement, as exhibited, for finalisation. You can view Item 6.1 – full report in the meeting agenda, from page 664 on Council’s website HERE.
Council endorsed the Planning Proposal and Planning Agreement, as exhibited, for finalisation at their meeting on 14 March 2022 (Item 13.11 - minutes on Council’s website HERE).
This Planning Proposal is now finalised.
Amendment number 1 to the Parramatta (former The Hills) Local Environment Plan 2012 was gazetted on 27 May 2022 and can be viewed on the NSW Legislation page here: epi-2022-256.
The Planning Proposal seeks the following amendments to Parramatta (formerly The Hills) Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2012:
- Amend Schedule 1 of the Parramatta (former The Hills) LEP 2012 by adding ‘retail premises’ as an additional permitted use (limited to a maximum of 3,800m2) to facilitate a supermarket and liquor store at 1 Windsor Road, North Rocks.
- Require that ‘retail premises’ may only be permitted as an additional permitted use in conjunction with an existing permissible use under the B6 Enterprise Corridor zone.
Council has negotiated a Draft Planning Agreement with the developer in accordance with Council’s Planning Agreements Policy (2018). The Draft Planning Agreement proposes to:
- Dedicate a portion of the Land to Council free of cost (the Dedication Land) for the purpose of possible future road widening of James Ruse Drive; and
- Register a public access easement at no cost to Council, over that part of the Land on which the Bridge Works and the Council Works will be located, in favour of Council (the Easement).
The Planning Agreement also provides that the Developer will after obtaining development consent for the development of the Land (regardless of use):
- Construct a lightweight steel bridge structure 3m wide that is to provide further pedestrian access to the Land from North Rocks Road (the Works);
The Planning Agreement also provides that the Developer will after obtaining development consent for the development of the Land as a supermarket:
- Pay a monetary contribution of $500,000.00 (the Contribution) to facilitate the construction of a future footbridge connection
Site: 1 Windsor Road, North Rocks
Scroll down to download the proposed Planning Proposal and supporting information.
Public exhibition of Planning Proposal, draft Planning Agreement and supporting information for land at 1 Windsor Road, North Rocks closed at 5:00pm on Friday 17 December 2021.
If you need further assistance, please contact Jane Liang - Project Officer (City Planning and Design) on 02 9806 5057 or email email@example.com
If you would like to speak to someone over the phone in another language, call TIS National on 131 450 for a free interpreting service. Let them know you want to speak to City of Parramatta Council and your chosen language and they will connect you.
市议会致力于确保每个人都能获得所需要的信息。如果您需要以其它语言或格式获取信息，请致电 1300 617 058 或发送电邮至 firstname.lastname@example.org
如果您希望以其它语言进行电话交谈，请致电 131 450 联系 TIS 全国服务中心获取免费传译服务。告诉他们您想与 Parramatta 市议会通话和您选用的语言，他们就会为您接通。
यहाँ क्लिक करें
काउंसिल यह सुनिश्चित करने के लिए प्रतिबद्ध है कि सभी लोगों को अपनी ज़रूरत की जानकारी सुलभ हो। अगर आप किसी अन्य भाषा या फॉर्मेट में जानकारी चाहते/चाहती हैं, तो कृपया 1300 617 058 पर कॉल करें या email@example.com पर ईमेल भेजें
अगर आप फ़ोन पर किसी अन्य भाषा में बात करना चाहते/चाहती हैं, तो निःशुल्क दुभाषिया सेवा के लिए 131 450 पर TIS National को कॉल करें। उन्हें बताएं कि आप सिटी ऑफ़ पैरामाटा काउंसिल से अपनी चुनी हुई भाषा में बात करना चाहते/चाहती हैं और वे आपको कनेक्ट करेंगे।
카운슬은 모든 사람이 필요한 정보를 이용할 수 있도록 최선을 다해 지원합니다. 다른 언어나 형식으로 된 정보를 원하시면‚ 전화 1300 617 058번 또는 이메일 firstname.lastname@example.org로 연락하십시오.
다른 언어로 전화 문의를 원하시면, 통번역 서비스(TIS National) 전화 131 450번으로 연락해 무료 통역을 이용하십시오. 파라마타 시 카운슬과 통화를 원한다고 말하고 해당 언어를 선택하시면 연결됩니다.
يلتزم المجلس بالتأكد من إمكانية وصول الجميع إلى المعلومات التي
يحتاجونها. إذا كنت ترغب في الحصول على معلومات بلغة أخرى أو نسق
آخر، يُرجى الاتصال على الرقم 1300617058 أو إرسال رسالة إلى
TIS National اتصل بـ
للحصول على خدمة ترجمة
مجانية. اخبرهم بأنك تريد التحدث إلى مجلس مدينة باراماتا وحدِّد لهم لغتك
المختارة وسوف يصلونك بالمجلس هاتفياً
A planning proposal (also known as a rezoning application) is a document that explains proposed changes to land use planning controls that are found in a Local Environmental Plan (LEP)*.
A planning proposal details how the controls are proposed to change, for example by increasing building heights or floor space ratios to allow for more development in a particular area.
It also sets out the justification for why these changes are suitable for the site and an assessment of the potential impacts of the proposal and how they should be resolved, if it is approved. Planning proposals are usually supported by extensive technical information to help with the assessment such as studies on flooding, traffic, urban design, and social impact assessments.
A planning proposal can be prepared by anyone, but usually it is either a landowner, developer, or Council.
A local environmental plan (LEP) is a legal document that guides planning decisions by local governments. It is prepared by Council and approved by the State Government. The LEP is an important planning tool that helps shape the future of our area and ensures development is done appropriately. Controls in an LEP include such things as land use zones, building heights, floor space ratios, flood risk management controls and also heritage protections
A “Planning Agreement” is a legal document that is created under the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979 between developers and government agencies (including councils) for the provision of funds or works by the developer for infrastructure, services, or other public amenities.
A planning agreement enables the opportunity for councils to negotiate much needed community facilities and infrastructure which could not be obtained through a development contributions plan*. Planning agreements are a more flexible mechanism to fund or deliver infrastructure to an area and can be tailored to the specific needs of where redevelopment is proposed.
* Development contributions plans enable councils to charge fees on new development in order to help fund new and upgraded infrastructure which will be required as a result of additional demand coming from more residents, workers and visitors.
Traffic issues such as traffic generation, traffic and transport infrastructure upgrades and pedestrian and cyclist access to and from the site have been investigated.
It is considered that these matters can be addressed as follows:
- Access improvements from North Rocks Road – augmenting the existing access bridge into the site to facilitate safe access (at least 3m wide) for pedestrians and cyclists entering and leaving the site.
- Provision of a new roundabout to the east of the site on North Rocks Road to manage the right hand turn traffic movements out of the site during peak
- Provision of a third lane on the westbound off ramp of James Ruse Drive onto Windsor Road.
Please refer to Page 4 of the Council report for more detailed justification.