City of Parramatta Council is inviting submissions on housekeeping amendments to the Parramatta City Centre Local Infrastructure Contributions Plan 2022.
This exhibition is required under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2021 as it seeks to replace Parramatta City Centre Local Infrastructure Contributions Plan 2022 – Amendment No 1.
This current draft amendment (Amendment No. 2) seeks to make changes to the Plan as outlined below:
- bring forward the timing of payment of the contribution to Council from prior to the issue of an occupation certificate, to prior to the issue of a construction certificate.
- strengthen controls relating to the obligations of certifiers, including to make clear that Council (not the certifier) will determine the cost of development and contribution applicable for any development approved (including complying development certificates).
- include notations that discounts to contributions will not be applied and that credits will not be made for existing development as the plan is made under Section 7.12 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979.
- include a definition relating to affordable housing and social housing exemptions within the Plan.
- make minor administrative changes to the Plan to better align with language outlined within the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act and Regulation, fix minor typographical errors, include reference to relevant Ministerial Directions, include a Plan amendment table, and update the referenced options for payment of development contributions.
Which land is impacted by this amendment?
The land affected by this amendment is referred to as the City Centre or CBD – which includes Parramatta and pockets of Harris Park and can be seen in the area outlined in blue on the map below.
To learn more, please read our Frequently Asked Questionsand the draft Parramatta City Centre Local Infrastructure Contributions Plan Amendment No.2 in Resources.
Hard copies of the draft amendment can also be viewed at:
- Council’s Administration Building - Ground Floor, 126 Church Street, Parramatta (Monday to Friday: 8.30am-4.30pm)
- Parramatta Library - Level 1 at PHIVE, 5 Parramatta Square (Monday to Thursday: 9:00am-8:00pm,Friday to Sunday: 9:00am-5:00pm)
Making a Submission
Written comments on the draft Plan are welcome and all submissions received will be considered before final decisions are made. Any submission received may be made publicly available and may include the name(s), address, signature and contact details provided.
You can make a submission by:
All submissions are to be received by 5pm on Friday 1 March 2024.
Please quote reference CBD Contribution Plan Amendment No. 2 ( F2023/02957) in your submission.
If you have any further queries regarding this matter:
Please contact City of Parramatta’s Infrastructure Planning Team on 9806 5050.