Exhibition of Planning Proposal, Draft Development Control Plan and Draft Planning Agreement
City of Parramatta Council is exhibiting amendments to the Parramatta (formerly The Hills) Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2012 and The Hills Development Control Plan (DCP) 2012 with a Draft Planning Agreement for the site at 23-25 Windsor Road, Northmead.
The proposal seeks to maintain the current zoning and amend the maximum building height and floor space ratio controls to facilitate the development of two residential apartment buildings. It also seeks to improve vehicular access into the site and improve permeability between the site and surrounding Northmead/North Rocks area for pedestrians, cyclists, residents and visitors.
Council is exhibiting changes to the Parramatta (former The Hills) Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2012. Key aspects of the Planning Proposal are:
- Maintain the current zoning of R4 – High Density Residential (13,950sqm) and part SP2 – Infrastructure zoning (350sqm) across the site.
- Amend the Maximum Floor Space Ratio (FSR) control for the R4 zoned land from no FSR to 1.8:1.
- Amend the Maximum Building Height (HOB) control for the R4 zoned land from 16 metres (5 storeys) to 30 metres (9 storeys).
These proposed amendments intend to accommodate two U-shaped apartment buildings that are 7 to 9 storeys in height. Details are shown in Attachment 1 – Planning Proposal and Concept Design in the Appendix.
Council is also exhibiting a draft site-specific DCP to guide future development consistent with the concept design for the site. The draft DCP will be added as a new section to Part D of The Hills DCP 2012 until a consolidated DCP is made for the Parramatta LGA. The draft DCP includes objectives & controls that intend to:
- Facilitate two 7-9 storey apartment buildings that seek to maximise solar access to future dwellings on the subject site and minimise overshadowing to nearby properties.
- Improve connectivity by delivering a new two-way accessway for safer transport movements and shared pathways to nearby sites.
- Provide passive recreation spaces with deep soil and landscaping for future residents.
These controls intend to manage the change in building height and development interface to nearby properties. Details are shown in Attachment 2 – Draft DCP for 23-25 Windsor Road, Northmead.
Council has negotiated a Draft Planning Agreement with the developer in accordance with Council’s Planning Agreements Policy (2018). The Draft Planning Agreement proposes:
- Monetary contribution for affordable housing as well as outdoor fitness equipment in Speers Road Reserve.
- Works-in-kind for two 3-metre shared pathways to improve connectivity through the site and surrounding area. These works are not proposed for Council ownership, or maintenance and any ongoing costs will be the responsibility of the future residential strata scheme.
- Registration of two 24/7 unencumbered public access easements for both shared pathways.
Details on the Draft Planning Agreement are shown as follows: Draft Planning Agreement (Attachment 3), Letter of Offer from the Applicant (Attachment 4) and Explanatory Note (Attachment 5).
Have your say
Public exhibition closes at 5:00pm on Thursday 23 September 2021.
Written submissions can be made during the exhibition period using the online submission form below, or may also be sent via email or by post.
If you need assistance during preparation of your submission, please contact Rafael Morrissey, Project Officer Land Use Planning on 1300 617 058 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supply of personal information: The supply of personal information by you is voluntary.
The intended recipients of any submissions, including your personal information are Councillors and officers within Council. Please note that your submission may be made public as it may form part of a public report. Further information is provided in the City of Parramatta Council’s Privacy Statement.
Any personal information collected can be accessed by you and may also be available to third parties in accordance with Council's Access to Information Policy.
Other ways to make a submission:
Written comments can be emailed to email@example.com
Subject: Ref: RZ/18/2016: Feedback on the 23-25 Windsor Road, Northmead
City of Parramatta Council
Attention: Rafael Morrissey, Land Use Planning Team
Subject: Ref: RZ/18/2016
PO Box 32, Parramatta NSW 2124
Please ensure that you clearly state your full name, contact details and address.
Due to current COVID restrictions, hard copy documents are unavailable for viewing by the public due to the shutdown of Council libraries and in-person Customer Contact Centre.
If you would like to speak to someone over the phone in another language, call TIS National on 131 450 for a free interpreting service. Let them know you want to speak to City of Parramatta Council and your chosen language and they will connect you.
If you have questions or want to learn more about this project, please contact us using the details below:
|Phone||1300 617 058|